* Advantage Communications, Inc. (ACI) is in the market for a qualified
two-way radio technician to design, construct, maintain, repair and
consult on RF based communications systems.
The successful applicants personal characteristics:
* Trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, lives a
healthy life, honorable, understands and practices the golden
rule. Has no reservations about taking a drug test,
background or credit check Etc.
* Applicant must have a clean Florida Drivers License and Driving
* Applicant must have experience in working on two-way radio systems
(Motorola, Kenwood, others, Quantar, consoles, tone remote gear,
conventional, trunked, Microwave, Etc.) Two years of
electronics school or 4 years equivalent experience in the industry.
* Key skills and abilities include basic knowledge of audio, RF digital
microprocessors, computers and electronic circuits as found in two-way
radio communications systems.
* Ability to use and comprehend required test gear such as RF service
monitors, communications test sets, spectrum analyzers, antenna system
sweep testing equipment,
* Ability to read and sketch, schematics, building plans, mechanical
* Ability to interpret and apply information in equipment service
* Ability to communicate with employer, clients, peers, tech support
* Ability to perform with minimal supervision.
* Applicant must have good mechanical understanding and skills.
* Applicant must have knowledge on how to work safely around materials
transporting, usage, and handling. Work safely around high
voltage, antenna tower hazards. Work safely with and around
* Must have the ability to work in an environment of self-starters and
promote a team environment.
* Must be familiar with Motorola R-56 and other industry standards
* Ability to work irregular hours and travel on an infrequent basis.
* Applicant must be intelligent and have the ability to focus attention
* The purpose of this job is to design, construct, maintain, consult on
RF communications based systems for a multitude of commercial and
* Major tasks include troubleshooting which site, system, module, or
component is defective.
* Repair customers system by implementing repair or restoration.
* Communicate effectively with customers, contractors, supervisor,
assistants, and others. To relate ACI needs to vendors,
deliver training to clients, understands clients needs.
* Create document in the written work. Documents such as
invoices, proposals and reports for maintenance performed, consulting
* Program radios, consoles, computers networks, with customer specific
* Understand how to align radio system equipment using industry
standard AF and RF procedures.
* Determine approach, priority, and schedule for various projects.
* Perform inventory on supply parts in shop and service vehicle,
maintain test gear and cables.
* Provide client service documentation for invoicing, requested paper
work filed / turned in timely.
* Be able to travel occasionally with overnight stay.
* Required to perform physical labor outdoors from time to time.
* Required to be able to use a ladder safely.
* May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
* May be required to work long hours after hurricane or similar event.
* Must follow safe work procedures at all times.
* Must respect and treat with the highest regard customer and employer
This list is only partial.
Two-Way Radio Technician:
Must meet the above requirements. Must have knowledge of,
maintaining, troubleshooting, performing preventative maintenance,
programming and repair of the following but not limited to.
* Motorola, Kenwood, Tait, and Icom base stations, repeaters, and
* Tower top amplifiers
* T-1 systems and leased phone line circuits
* Voting systems
* Antenna systems
* Simulcast systems
* Consoles Motorola, Zetron, others
* SmartZone Concepts
* Microwave systems basic concepts
* Training of peers
Paid Vacation, 401K, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance
Advantage Communications, Inc. is looking for top quality applicants to
work with a winning company. ACI is looking for applicants
that will work hard for the company and in return ACI will work hard
for the successful applicant.
President and RF Technician.